Mechanical Fitter - Refinery
Job no: 968745
Work type: Permanent
Location: WA Regional
Maintenance - Refinery
Perth, Western Australia
8:6 Roster | FIFO - Murrin Murrin Operations
Minara Resources is wholly owned by Glencore International and operates the Murrin Murrin Nickel Cobalt mining and refining project in the northern Goldfields region of Western Australia between the towns of Leonora and Laverton
Our Murrin Murrin Operations includes engineering complexity not present in the processing of other commodities such as iron ore, gold, coal or mineral sands which allows us to offer exceptional career growth and technical challenges.
We are currently seeking an experienced Mechanical Fitter to join our maintenance team in our Refinery area of our processing plant.
Working in a crew on a rotating shift roster and reporting to a Maintenance Supervisor, you will be responsible for performing planned maintenance, reactive breakdown maintenance and shutdown work across the area.
Our Murrin Murrin Operations will provide you with experience that can only be developed through working at the most complex hydrometallurgical and process plant in Australia. On any given day you could be working on equipment such as:
- Materials Handling and Ore Preparation
- Piping materials from A105 to Zecor, plenty of Titanium and a touch of Tantalum.
- Pumps: Centrifugal, Turbine, Axial, Positive Displace
- Heat Exchangers: Shell and Tube, Plate Pack, Fin, Condensers, Economisers
- Blowers, Compressors, Vacuum Pumps
- Tanks, Pressure Vessels, Flash Vessels
- Thickeners and Clarifiers
- Sulphuric Acid Plant
- Solvent extraction
- Ammonium Sulphate Plant
- Reduction Autoclaves
- Sintering Furnaces
As a minimum, you’ll be a trade qualified fitter with demonstrated experience working within a processing plant environment.
The following additional experience or qualifications would be beneficial, but not essential:
- Laterite nickel process plant or refinery experience
- Remote site experience
- Confined space, working at heights or hazardous area training
Fitters on site work an 8/6 FIFO roster, with crews rotating between day and night shift. We promote a healthy work/life balance and have a fully equipped gym, tennis and basketball courts, cricket nets, swimming pool, beach volleyball and an on-site Health & Wellbeing Coordinator. Our Nickel Burner Tavern shows major sporting events and our chefs provide a great incentive to make use of the gym!
Our rooms have en-suite facilities and in addition to a competitive salary, other fulltime benefits include 12.5% superannuation, medical allowance and site allowance.
If what you’ve read so far has sparked your interest in working for Minara Resources, please follow the prompts and APPLY NOW - we look forward to hearing from you!
Please note previous applicants who have applied for a fitter’s position with our Murrin Murrin Operation (Ore Leach), we have your application and details and you do not need to re-apply.
- This opportunity is currently only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia.
- We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately.
- We reserve the right to take down this advertisement at any time during the recruitment process based on the number of applications received.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now