Job no: 968816
Work type: Permanent
Location: WA Regional
Process Engineering & Process Safety
8:6 FIFO Roster – Ex Perth to Murrin Murrin
Minara Resources is wholly owned by Glencore, one of the world’s largest global diversified natural resource companies. Our Murrin Murrin Operations in Western Australia’s northern Goldfields involves the integrated mining and refining of nickel and cobalt on site.
MMO processing plant is grouped into three functional areas (Ore Leach, Refinery and Utilities). Our Process Engineering department provides technical support to all three operating areas; providing our engineers with operating experience across a wide range of unit operations. We are seeking an experienced hands-on Process Engineer. Key accountabilities are to:
- Analyse the production process to identify process engineering problems and formulate solutions
- Develop and maintain process engineering systems and monitoring tools
- Ensure timely completion and implementation of improvement projects via management of change (MOC) processes
- Provide daily technical support to MMO operations, ensuring safe and efficient operation
- Assist in investigating process related incidents and significant production loss incidents
- Identify hazards and implement corrective actions
- Prepare technical reports to a high standard
- Identify, scope and implement continuous improvement projects
- Train and mentor graduate engineers
In this role you have the opportunity to impact efficiency and outcomes. You will work autonomously but be part of a dedicated area team.
To be successful in this role it is essential that you not only have a strong technical background but also a dynamic personality focussed on building good working relationships. The following qualifications and competencies are essential:
- Tertiary qualifications in Chemical Engineering or equivalent metallurgical degree
- Minimum of 5 years plant experience
- Background in process safety will be an advantage
- Proficient at preparation of technical reports
- Proficient at problem solving
- Proven track record of building internal relationships
This position is available on 8 days on / 6 days off roster, FIFO from Perth only (or DIDO from the Goldfields). We fly to site on jets making it a short and comfortable flight and our village is well equipped to keep you entertained - with a newly refurbished gym, tennis courts, basketball courts, cricket nets, swimming pool and tavern. All our rooms have ensuite facilities and our chefs will ensure you are well fed.
If you are interested in exploring the opportunity to be part of Minara Resources , please click APPLY NOW and follow the prompts. We look forward to hearing from you.
- We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately.
- We reserve the right to close this ad at any time during the recruitment process based on the number of applications received.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now