Job no: 968817
Work type: Permanent
Location: WA Regional
Health & Safety Department
4:3/4:3/8:6 day Roster, FIFO ex Perth to Murrin Murrin Operations
Minara Resources Pty Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of Glencore and has grown to become one of the world's major Nickel and Cobalt producers. Our Murrin Murrin operation is a world class hydro metallurgical project with a multi-pit mine operation. We are one of the largest single site employers in WA with over 1000 staff and contractors and a mine life of 15+ years.
Our Health and Safety team is searching for a new Hygiene Advisor to assist with safety compliance, statutory requirements and to ensure all occupational health and hygiene hazards are identified, assessed and controlled. A major focus of your role will be to develop, implement and maintain systems to effectively monitor occupational hygiene exposures, and to evaluate the effectiveness of existing and implemented controls as well as continuous improvement in this area.
As the Hygiene Advisor, some of your major accountabilities include:
- Maintaining a high standard of health, safety and environmental awareness and compliance with relevant policies and procedures (statutory and company);
- Undertaking occupational hygiene monitoring in accordance with the site risk based occupational hygiene monitoring plan (RBHMP);
- Ensuring the occupational hygiene information and records are effectively managed and monitoring results are communicated and stored as per compliance requirements;
- Providing relevant technical expertise, advice, training and service across site;
- Developing, implementing and maintaining occupational hygiene policies, procedures and site RBHMP.
The person we are seeking will be able to meet the following criteria for the role:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Occupational Hygiene, Health & Safety or Science;
- Be registered with the DMIRS as an Approved Surface Ventilation Technician/Officer;
- Registered with the DMIRS as an Approved Noise Officer;
- ChemAlert User Training Course;
- Sound computer knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite with the ability to use integrated management systems, work processing, presentation and spread sheet applications;
- A current WA “C” class manual Driver’s Licence;
- Ability to operate occupational hygiene monitoring equipment and produce meaningful data;
- Ability to analyse, interpret and effectively manage monitoring data, and make appropriate recommendations;
- Good problem solving skills;
- An understanding of Legislation relating to Occupational Hygiene, Health & Safety;
- Well-developed organisational skills to ensure tasks are completed and goals met;
- Sound time management skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to work unsupervised or as part of a team;
- Ability to prioritise tasks and to work under pressure whilst achieving the desired result.
This permanent, full-time position is being offered on 4:3 /4:3 /8:6 (days) roster and is available FIFO from Perth (or DIDO from the Goldfields). Our village is well equipped to keep you entertained with our Nickel Burner Tavern showing major sporting events and our Chefs will keep you well fed. We promote a healthy work/life balance and have a fully equipped gym, tennis and basketball courts, cricket nets, swimming pool, beach volleyball and an on-site Health & Wellbeing Coordinator. All our rooms have ensuite bathroom facilities.
If you are interested in exploring the opportunity to be part of
please click APPLY NOW and follow the prompts.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now