Job no: 968824
Work type: Permanent
Location: WA Regional
Risk, Environment & Community - Pastoral
Minara Resources is wholly owned by Glencore, one of the world’s largest global diversified natural resource companies. Our Murrin Murrin Operations in Western Australia’s northern Goldfields involves the mining and refining of nickel and cobalt ore to produce LME-grade metal briquettes on site
In addition to the mining and refining project, Minara currently manages and operates four pastoral stations which cover a combined area of 939,258 hectares across the shires of Leonora and Laverton.
We currently require an experienced, self-motivated Station Hand to join our Pastoral team. Reporting to the Pastoral Manager you will support operations across Minara’s four pastoral leases which currently run approximately 5000 head of cattle. Each station has a main homestead and contractor quarters.
As a Station Hand, you will be responsible for:
- Mustering and handling of livestock with the assistance of contractors
- Machinery operation and maintenance (e.g. light vehicles, trucks, agricultural equipment, earthmoving equipment)
- Maintenance of infrastructure such as fences, windmills, bores, yards, machinery and buildings
- Control and management of feral animals and declared plants
To be considered for this role, we require that you meet the following selection criteria:
- At least 5 years hands-on experience within the Agricultural or Pastoral industry, including cattle husbandry and handling
- Current WA HR Driver’s Licence (or equivalent)
- Current WA HC Driver’s Licence (advantageous)
- Demonstrated previous experience in machine operation (such as motorcycle, 4WD, grader, loader, tractor)
- Sound knowledge and skills relating to vehicle, plant, fencing, water points and buildings maintenance and repairs
- Hold a current WA Firearms Licence (or legally able to obtain one)
- Good verbal communication skills
- Basic computer skills
Minara Resources pride themselves on being an employer that offers excellent staff benefits. As a full time employee, you will receive a competitive remuneration package and well-appointed accommodation with air-conditioning, telephone and television connectivity and solar power. As a Station Hand, Minara will provide you with a work vehicle and cover reasonable costs for your food, phone and power whilst living on site.
Please note this is a live-in role, not fly-in-fly-out.
If what you have read so far has sparked your interest in working for Minara Resources, please click the link to APPLY online.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now