Coordinator – Tails & Water
Production, Ore Leach
Permanent Fulltime Position
4:3 (day) Roster
FIFO ex Perth to Murrin Murrin Operations Pty Ltd
Minara Resources is wholly owned by Glencore International and operates the Murrin Murrin Nickel Cobalt mining and refining project in the northern Goldfields region of Western Australia between the towns of Leonora and Laverton.
Our Murrin Murrin Operations includes engineering complexity not present in the processing of other commodities such as iron ore, gold, coal or mineral sands which allows us to offer exceptional career growth and technical challenges.
Our operations comprise an Ore Leach area which utilises High Pressure Acid Leaching (HPAL) technology and a Refinery that produces LME grade briquettes on site. As an owner-operator, we also run our own Utilities department which incorporates a power station (including steam and gas turbines), a 4400TPD acid plant, 6TPH H2S plant and a reverse osmosis water treatment plant which draws from our extensive bore fields.
About The Position:
We currently have an opportunity for an experienced Coordinator – Tailings & Water to join our Tailings & Water Management team at Murrin Murrin Operations. Managing and coordinating multi-disciplined teams on a 4:3 day roster and reporting to the Superintendent – Production, Ore Leach, you will be responsible for ensuring the MMO Water infrastructure and tailings facilities are developed, operated and maintained to deliver budgeted capacity and within regulatory guidelines.
As a minimum, you'll be a trade qualified mechanical fitter, with fixed plant mechanical maintenance experience as well as extensive experience in managing and operating complex metallurgical plants.
The following additional experience or qualifications are essential:
- Strongly driven in area of continuous improvement – thinks ahead, thinking tasks through before commencing or directing them;
- Demonstrated analytical problem solving – diagnosing problems and potential problems;
- Experience in safety, quality, environmental and maintenance management systems;
- Demonstrated success as an effective leader – providing clear and supportive leadership, managing performance of team members promptly and fairly;
- Demonstrated application of continuous improvement ideas – ability to think outside the square and come up with an alternative;
- Ability to juggle various projects – decisive yet flexible when required;
- High level understanding of all relevant legislation relevant to role in the mining industry in WA;
- Experience in managing costs and budgeting;
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels;
- Good computer skills.
This permanent, fulltime position is being offered on a 4:3 day roster, FIFO ex Perth to MMO or DIDO ex Goldfields.
We fly to site on jets making it a short and comfortable flight and our village is well equipped to keep you entertained, including gym, tennis courts, beach volleyball courts, swimming pool and tavern. All rooms have ensuite bathroom facilities and Wi-Fi. Our chefs will ensure you are well fed.
This position includes a competitive salary package with great benefits such as 12.5% superannuation, site allowance and medical allowance.
If you are interested in exploring this opportunity to be part of Minara Resources, follow the prompts to APPLY NOW!
We are looking forward to hearing from you!