Job no: Feb 2019
Work type: Permanent
Location: WA Regional
Maintenance, Ore Leach Department
8:6 Roster | FIFO ex Perth to Murrin Murrin Operations
Minara Resources is wholly owned by Glencore, one of the world’s largest global diversified natural resource companies. Our Murrin Murrin Operations in Western Australia’s northern Goldfields involves the mining and refining of nickel and cobalt to produce LME-grade metal briquettes on site.
Our process plant consists of High Pressure Acid Leaching (HPAL) technology and a Refinery. As an owner-operator, we also run our own Utilities department which incorporates a 90MW power station (including steam and gas turbines), a 4400TPD acid plant (one of the largest in the southern hemisphere), 6TPH H2S plant and a reverse osmosis water treatment plant which draws from our extensive bore fields.
We are currently seeking an experienced Mechanical Fitter to join our maintenance team working in Ore Leach. Working in a crew on a rotating shift roster and reporting to a Maintenance Supervisor, you will be responsible for performing planned maintenance, reactive breakdown maintenance and shutdown work across the area.
On any given day you could be working on a vast array of equipment such as:
- Materials Handling and Ore Preparation
- Vibration screens
- High Pressure Acid Leach, Heap Leach and Oxygen Leach
- Piping materials from carbon steel to exotic metals
- Mechanical seals
- Pumps: Centrifugal, Turbine, Axial, Positive Displace
- Reduction Autoclaves
- CCDs, Thickeners and Clarifiers
- Tanks, Pressure Vessels, Flash Vessels
- Heat Exchangers: Shell and Tube, Plate Pack, Fin, Condensers, Economisers
- Blowers, Compressors, Vacuum Pumps
As a minimum, you’ll be a trade qualified mechanical fitter with demonstrated experience working within a processing plant environment. The following additional experience or qualifications would be beneficial, but not essential:
- Laterite nickel process plant or refinery experience
- Remote site experience
- Confined space, working at heights or hazardous area training
- Prior experience working with permit systems
- Knowledge of safe work practices related to chemical reagent hazards
Fitters on site work an 8/6 FIFO roster, with crews rotating between day and night shift. We promote a healthy work/life balance and have a fully equipped gym, tennis and basketball courts, cricket nets, swimming pool, beach volleyball and an on-site Health & Wellbeing Advisor to coordinate fitness activities.
If you are interested in exploring this opportunity to be part of Minara Resources please follow the prompts to apply.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now