Job no: 968861
Work type: Permanent
Location: WA Regional
Plant Engineer – Technical & Engineering Department
Permanent Fulltime Position
Family Friendly 8:6 FIFO Roster – Ex Perth to Murrin Murrin
Minara Resources is wholly owned by Glencore, one of the world’s largest global diversified natural resource companies. Our Murrin Murrin Operations in Western Australia’s northern Goldfields involves the integrated mining and refining of nickel and cobalt on site.
An opportunity has become available for a Mechanical Engineer with strong technical skills and previous exposure to complex processing plant environments to join our team in the role of Plant Engineer. Reporting directly to the Superintendent – Mechanical Engineering, this role will suit a proactive, safety focused practical engineer.
- Provide sound engineering input to scheduled and breakdown maintenance activities.
- Support Operational and Maintenance teams by providing timely engineering information and solutions.
- Improve equipment reliability through application of sound engineering practices.
- Undertake failure and reliability analysis of critical plant equipment.
- Ensure technical reports are maintained to high standard.
- Ensure statutory compliance is maintained in respect to mechanical equipment installation and maintenance.
- Deliver engineering projects within cost and time budgets.
- Engage vendors, service providers and other support groups to maximise plant reliability.
- Tertiary degree qualifications in Mechanical Engineering
- 8 years minimum experience working within a complex plant environment
- FEA experience would be advantageous, particularly with Caesar and Strand 7
This permanent fulltime position is available on 8 days on / 6 days off roster, FIFO from Perth only (or DIDO from the Goldfields). We fly to site on jets making it a short and comfortable flight and our village is well equipped to keep you entertained - with a newly refurbished gym, tennis courts, basketball courts, cricket nets, swimming pool and tavern. All our rooms have ensuite facilities and our chefs will ensure you are well fed.
Please follow the prompts to apply. We are looking forward to hearing from you.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now