Job no: 968863
Work type: Permanent
Location: WA Regional
Live-in Permanent, Fulltime Position
Murrin Murrin Operations Pty Ltd
Minara Resources is wholly owned by Glencore, one of the world’s largest global diversified natural resource companies. Our Murrin Murrin Operations in Western Australia’s northern Goldfields involves the mining and refining of nickel and cobalt ore to produce LME-grade metal briquettes on site
In addition to the mining and refining project, Minara currently manages and operates four pastoral stations which cover a combined area of 939,258 hectares across the shires of Leonora and Laverton.
We currently require an experienced, self-motivated Station Hand to join our Pastoral team based at Nambi Station near Leonora. Reporting to the Pastoral Manager you will support operations across Minara’s four pastoral leases. Glenorn and Nambi station currently run just over 2500 head of cattle, while Yundamindra and Minara station are currently being maintained by caretakers. Each station has a main homestead, contractor quarters, shearing sheds and yards.
As a Station Hand, you will be responsible for:
- Mustering and handling of livestock
- Machinery operation and maintenance (eg light vehicles, trucks, agricultural equipment, earthmoving equipment)
- Maintenance of infrastructure such as fences, windmills, bores, yards, machinery and buildings
- Control and management of feral animals and declared plants
To be considered for this role, we require that you meet the following selection criteria:
- At least 5 years hands-on experience within the Agricultural or Pastoral industry, including cattle husbandry and handling;
- Current WA HR Driver’s Licence (or equivalent);
- Demonstrated previous experience in machine operation (such as motorcycle, 4WD, grader, loader, tractor);
- Sound knowledge and skills relating to vehicle, plant, fencing, water points and buildings maintenance and repairs;
- Hold a current WA Firearms Licence (or legally able to obtain one);
- Good verbal communication skills;
- Sound computer proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
Minara Resources pride themselves on being an employer that offers excellent staff benefits. As a fulltime employee, you will receive a competitive remuneration package and well-appointed accommodation at Glenorn Station with air-conditioning, telephone and television connectivity and solar power. As a Station Hand, Minara will provide you with a work vehicle and cover reasonable costs for your food, phone and power whilst living on site.
Please note this is a live-in role, not fly-in-fly-out.
If what you’ve read so far has sparked your interest in working for Minara Resources, please click the link to APPLY online.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now