Job no: 968877
Work type: Permanent
Location: WA Regional
Health & Safety Department
8:6 day Roster, FIFO ex Perth to Murrin Murrin Operations, WA
Minara Resources Pty Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of Glencore and has grown to become one of the world's major Nickel and Cobalt producers. Our Murrin Murrin operation is a world-class hydro metallurgical project with a multi-pit mine operation. We are one of the largest single site employers in WA with over 1000 staff and contractors and a mine life of 15+ years.
Our Health and Safety team is expanding and we are currently searching for an additional team member as Hygiene Technician to assist with safety compliance, statutory requirements and to ensure all occupational health and hygiene hazards are identified, assessed and controlled. A major focus of the role will be to undertake the monitoring in accordance with our Health and Hygiene Management Plan (HHMP), maintain the hygiene monitoring database and communicate monitoring results to employees and management.
As the Hygiene Technician, some of your major accountabilities include:
- Undertaking occupational hygiene monitoring in accordance with the site HHMP;
- Ensuring the occupational hygiene information and records are effectively managed and monitoring results are communicated and stored as per compliance requirements;
- Ensuring monitoring equipment is maintained, serviced and calibrated.
The person we are seeking will be able to meet the following criteria for the role:
- Be registered with the Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety (DMIRS) as an Approved Surface Ventilation Technician or Officer;
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite with the ability to use integrated management systems, word processing, presentation and spread sheet applications;
- An understanding of legislation relating to Occupational Hygiene, Health & Safety;
- Experience operating occupational hygiene monitoring equipment;
- A current WA “C” class manual Driver’s Licence; and
- Ability to work unsupervised or as part of a team.
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Occupational Hygiene, Health & Safety or Science;
- Site based experience; and
- Experience in identifying issues, analysing data and recommending practical solutions.
This permanent, full-time position is being offered on a back-to-back 8:6 (days) roster and is available FIFO from Perth (or DIDO from the Goldfields). Our Village is well equipped to keep you entertained with our Nickel Burner Tavern showing major sporting events and our Chefs will keep you well fed. We promote a healthy work/life balance and have a fully equipped gym, and tennis and basketball courts, cricket nets, swimming pool, beach volleyball and an on-site Health & Human Factors Specialist. All our rooms have ensuite bathroom facilities.
If you are interested in exploring the opportunity to be part of
Minara Resources, Apply Now!
We are looking forward to hearing from you.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now