Occupational Health Nurse
Job no: 968878
Work type: Permanent
Location: WA Regional
Occupational Health Nurse
Health & Safety Department
8:6 day Roster, FIFO ex Perth to Murrin Murrin Operations, WA
Minara Resources Pty Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of Glencore and has grown to become one of the world's major Nickel and Cobalt producers. Our Murrin Murrin operation is a world-class hydro metallurgical project with a multi-pit mine operation. We are one of the largest single site employers in WA with over 1000 staff and contractors and a mine life of 15+ years.
Our Health and Safety team is seeking an Occupational Health Nurse to join their team. In this role, you will be responsible for providing timely and competent treatment and advice for injuries and illnesses to Minara staff and contractors.
Coordinating the administration and operation of the Medical Centre at Murrin Murrin Operations, you will also act as a member of the site’s Emergency Response Team and provide on-call medical assistance as required. You will be responsible for maintaining treatment records and the accident/incident database, be actively involved in the management of Workers’ Compensation claims and conduct fitness for work testing activities.
To be successful in this role it is essential that you have significant experience in Emergency or Remote Area nursing and effective communication / liaison skills.
The person we are seeking will be able to meet the following criteria for the role:
- Registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia / AHPRA;
- Two to three years’ Emergency or Remote Area nursing experience;
- Advanced Life Support;
- Immunisation Certificate;
- A current WA “C” class manual Driver’s Licence; and
- Ability to work unsupervised and as part of a team.
- A working knowledge of Injury Management and Workers’ Compensation;
- Site-based experience;
- Sound computer knowledge in Microsoft Office suite with the ability to use integrated management systems, word processing, presentation and spread sheet applications;
- Sound time management skills;
- Attention to detail; and
- Ability to prioritise tasks and to work under pressure whilst achieving the desired result.
This permanent, full-time position is being offered on a back-to-back 8:6 (days) roster and is available FIFO from Perth (or DIDO from the Goldfields). Our Village is well equipped to keep you entertained with our Nickel Burner Tavern showing major sporting events and our Chefs will keep you well fed. We promote a healthy work/life balance and have a fully equipped gym, tennis and basketball courts, cricket nets, swimming pool, beach volleyball and an on-site Health & Human Factors Specialist. All our rooms have ensuite bathroom facilities.
If you are interested in exploring this opportunity to be part of
Minara Resources, Apply Now!
We are looking forward to hearing from you.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now