Contracts Officer - Commodities
Job no: 968879
Work type: Permanent
Location: WA Regional
Contracts Officer – Commodities
Supply & Logistics Department – Procurement & Inventory
Permanent Position - Perth, WA
Minara Resources is wholly owned by Glencore International and operates the Murrin Murrin Nickel Cobalt mining and refining project in the Goldfields region of Western Australia. As one of Australia’s top three Nickel producers and one of the top ten in the world, Minara offers a challenging and stimulating work environment backed by sound management practices.
We currently have a promising opportunity available within our Supply and Logistics department for a supply professional to join us and develop your acquired skills.
This role is a full-time, permanent role which will see you responsible for end-to-end negotiation and coordination of supply contracts for commodities across our remote nickel and cobalt mining and refining operations.
As a Contracts Specialist you are directly accountable for:
- Tendering, negotiation, analysis, award and management of Blanket Purchasing Agreements.
- Compiling agreement documentation, recommendations for award and managing variations.
- Managing supplier performance via KPI reporting, analysis and required corrective action.
- Undertaking market intelligence to identify preferred suppliers of required commodities.
- Provision of support to internal stakeholders in relation to the supply of goods.
To be considered for this opportunity, you will need to demonstrate experience in the following areas:
- The ability to manage and prioritise varying workloads to achieve required outcomes with a positive attitude;
- Experience in procurement and contract administration (preferably within the mining, refining or chemical processing industries);
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail;
- Sound knowledge in negotiating and administering Blanket Purchasing Agreements;
- An awareness of commercial and common law;
- Ability to challenge convention, look for improvements and encourage change;
- Experience with managing procurement categories such as general industrial goods;
- Proficient with business integrated supply systems (eg Oracle, SAP) including the Microsoft Office suite of programs;
- Ability to achieve individual KPI’s autonomously and with minimal supervisor involvement.
- Preferably experience with road transport suppliers with a focus on off-site goods management;
- Evidence of cost savings achieved in a similar role previously.
Rewards and Benefits:
This permanent position is full-time, Monday-Friday, based in our Perth head office at Chancery House, with occasional visits to site when required. Our CBD location is close to train and bus stations and is surrounded by a variety of trendy cafes and shops. Our competitive salary packages include 12.5% superannuation, medical allowance, salary continuance insurance and quarterly production bonuses.
If this opportunity at Minara sounds appealing to you, we look forward to receiving your application!
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now