Job no: 968881
Work type: Permanent
Location: WA Regional
Senior Project Engineer
Technical & Engineering
4:3 (days) Roster
FIFO ex Perth to Murrin Murrin Operations, WA
Minara Resources is wholly owned by Glencore, one of the world’s largest global diversified natural resource companies. We operate the Murrin Murrin Nickel Cobalt mining and refining project in the northern Goldfields region of Western Australia between the towns of Leonora and Laverton.
Our Murrin Murrin hydrometallurgical processing plant, which produces LME-grade nickel and cobalt briquettes on site, includes engineering complexity not present in the processing of other commodities such as iron ore, gold, coal or mineral sands which allows us to offer exceptional technical challenges.
Our process plant consists of an Ore Leach area which utilises High Pressure Acid Leaching (HPAL) technology and a Refinery. As an owner-operator, we also run our own Utilities department which incorporates a 90MW power station (including steam and gas turbines), a 4400TPD acid plant, 6TPH H2S plant and a reverse osmosis water treatment plant.
We currently have an opportunity for an experienced Project Engineer to join our Murrin Murrin Operations. If you are searching for a career move with direction and a new professional challenge, this may be the perfect opportunity for you. As the Project Engineer, your key objectives are:
To be considered for this role, we ask that you have the following:
- Completed BEng (Mechanical);
- Demonstrate post graduate experience in mining or similar industry;
- Hydro Metallurgical experience;
- Demonstrate approx. 7 years in a mechanical engineering role;
- Experience in managing multiple brownfields small projects is essential (approx. $500K each);
- Experience in slurry and liquor piping, valving and pumping systems, preferable for corrosive/acidic conditions;
- Effective as client representative in dealings with Engineering firms;
- Experience in FEL, SiD, HAZOPs, HAZCON, and Managing engineering deliverables;
- Capable of own mechanical engineering output;
- Some experience/exposure in leading and managing multi-discipline projects;
- Able to prepare work packs (hands-on) for execution of repairs, minor modifications and installations.
We are seeking a pragmatic professional who is results orientated, enjoys an improvement oriented environment, is energetic, team work oriented and eager to share and implement smart ideas. Your contribution will be a large lever on the success of the projects.
The Murrin Murrin Lifestyle:
This position is available on a 4:3 roster, FIFO from Perth or DIDO from Kalgoorlie. We fly to site on jets making it a short and comfortable flight and our village is well equipped to keep you entertained - with a gym, tennis courts, basketball courts, cricket nets, swimming pool and tavern. All our rooms are ensuited and our chefs will ensure you are well fed.
We look forward to hearing from you, APPLY now!
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now