Job no: 968888
Work type: Permanent
Location: WA Regional
Mine Technician - Mine Technical Services
8:6 Roster | FIFO ex Perth to Murrin Murrin Operations Pty Ltd
Minara Resources is wholly owned by Glencore, one of the world’s largest global diversified natural resource companies. Our Murrin Murrin Operations in Western Australia’s northern Goldfields incorporates a multi-pit mining operation integrated with a large-scale hydro-metallurgical process plant.
About The Position:
We currently have an opportunity for an experienced Mine Technician to join our Technical Services team on site at Murrin Murrin. This is a hands-on role which will see you work across multiple project areas.
Reporting to the Team Lead Mine Engineering, you will be responsible for providing field and technical support to ensure the safe, efficient mining of material.
This is a diverse role, and will included a variety of tasks including (but not limited to):
- Survey: assisting with set outs and pickups, volume calculations, daily plans and record keeping as required.
- Geology: provide general support to the Geology department including ore mark up and sample preparation.
- Drill and Blast: Baiting, loading, stemming and tying in blast holes. Assisting with shot firing, blast guarding and road closure.
- Small project work (exploration, plant surveys, etc).
We are seeking a professional team member with the following attributes:
- 2+ years prior experience in a mining environment.
- Prior experience working with a surveying team in an open cut, production mining environment.
- Familiarity with mine surveying hardware, software and practices.
- Experience working with a mining drill and blast team.
- Demonstrated ability to complete projects to plan and specification.
- Data management and reporting skills.
- Demonstrated safety behaviour and awareness.
- Effective communication and ability to work well within a team.
- Proactive and self-motivated attitude.
If you are looking for a team orientated environment where you will have the opportunity to work autonomously and be challenged positively, then we invite you to apply.
Murrin Murrin Lifestyle and Benefits:
This position is available on an 8:6 day shift roster, FIFO from Perth. We fly to and from site on chartered jets, resulting in a comfortable and short journey. Drive in – drive out is also available for locally-based Goldfields residents.
On site, all our rooms have ensuite facilities and we promote a healthy lifestyle with a fully equipped gym, tennis and basketball courts, cricket nets, swimming pool, organised team sport and fitness classes. Our Nickel Burner Tavern shows major sporting events and our chefs provide a variety of meal options.
Make Your Move:
If you’re interested in working for Minara Resources, please follow the prompts and apply - we look forward to hearing from you!
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now