Graduate / Junior Mine Production Engineer
Job no: 968894
Work type: Permanent
Location: WA Regional
Graduate Mine Production Engineer
Mining – Mine Technical Services
8:6 FIFO Roster, ex Perth to Murrin Murrin Operations Pty Ltd
Minara Resources Pty Ltd is wholly owned by Glencore, one of the world’s largest global diversified natural resource companies. Our Murrin Murrin Operations in Western Australia’s northern Goldfields incorporates a multi-pit mining operation integrated with a large-scale hydrometallurgical process plant.
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Graduate/Junior Engineer – Mine Production familiar with surface mining activity and a WA Quarry Manager Certification or eligibility.
This is a dynamic mid-level role offering career growth potential within a relatively small team where you are known by name – not as a number. As several new pits come on-line each year, we offer the opportunity to enjoy the experience of being involved with the complete life-cycle of mining, from design conception to excavation execution.
As a primary interface between the Operations and Technical teams, this role is part proactive and part responsive - but all operations focused, within a multi-commodity, multi-pit mining environment where your accountabilities will include:
- Development and communication of the excavation sequencing and the plant feed blending requirements for daily, weekly, and out to 18-months;
- Detailed design and analysis of open pits, and all of their associated infrastructure;
- Technical field guidance and problem solving with Mine Operations;
- Auditing and inspections of pit crests and tip heads;
- Support of the Drill & Blast team with occasional pattern design work;
- A variety of strategic and/or one-off project work;
- Acting as Quarry Manager (Deputy) if/as required;
- Be a member or eligible to be a member of AusIMM;
- Be active in promoting safety within the workplace.
As our ideal candidate, your application and CV would demonstrate to us that you:
- Have Formal Education or qualification in mining;
- Can Communicate Effectively, in both one-on-one and team situations;
- Understand heavy earthmoving Equipment Capabilities;
- Excel is your friend, not your enemy;
- Hold a WA Quarry Manager Certification, or have the experience and ambition to obtain one;
- Can navigate Mine Engineering Software such as MineSight and Surpac;
- Want the opportunity to Own and Lead the plan;
- Incorporate and promote safety within your work environment.
This permanent position is available on an 8:6 roster FIFO from Perth, or DIDO from Kalgoorlie.
We fly to site on jets making it a short and comfortable flight, and our village is well equipped to keep you entertained - with a gym, tennis courts, basketball courts, cricket nets, swimming pool and tavern.
All our rooms have ensuite facilities and our chefs will ensure you are well fed. Our competitive salary packages include benefits such as: 12.5% superannuation, medical and site allowance.
If you are interested in exploring the opportunity to be part of Minara Resources
Apply Now and follow the prompts.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now