Job no: 968905
Work type: Permanent
Location: WA Regional
8:6 FIFO ex Perth to Murrin Murrin Operations, WA
Minara Resources is wholly owned by Glencore International and operates the Murrin Murrin Nickel Cobalt mining and refining project in the Goldfields region of Western Australia. Minara employs approximately 1,000 employees and contractors at its Murrin Murrin Operations, making it one of the largest single site employers in Western Australia. As Australia's second largest Nickel producer and one of the top ten in the world, Minara offer a challenging and stimulating work environment backed by sound management practices.
The Metallurgical Accounting role works within the site Metallurgical Accounting Team and reports to the Senior Metallurgical Accountant.
Key accountabilities of the Metallurgical Accountant include:
- Manage and maintain the site metallurgical accounting systems
- Collect, collate, and prepare metallurgical plant data daily, ensuring validity
- Monitor process information and provide timely notification of process exceptions
- Assist in the detailed reconciled monthly plant consumable balance
- Provide as needed technical administration support to the Production, Marketing & Commercial Departments
- Maintain all nickel and cobalt product packaging and dispatching documentation to ISO9001 requirements
- Assume responsibilities of Senior Metallurgical Accountant during periods of absence
To be considered for this role the following skills, experience and personal attributes will be highly regarded:
- Strong knowledge and relevant experience of Metallurgical Accounting principles
- Understanding and previous experience in mineral processing operations including hydrometallurgical refining
- Highly analytical, with attention to detail
- Excellent report vetting and auditing skills
- Excellent interpersonal style and written/verbal communication skills
- High level of computer literacy, particularly with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work autonomously, but also be part of a dedicated team
This permanent position is available on an 8:6 roster, FIFO from Perth. Our village is well equipped to keep you entertained - with a gym, tennis courts, basketball courts, cricket nets, swimming pool and tavern. Our competitive salary packages include benefits such as 12.5% Superannuation and a Medical & Site Allowance.
If you are interested in exploring the opportunity, please click the APPLY NOW and follow the prompts. We look forward to hearing from you.
- We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately
- We reserve the right to close this ad at any time during the recruitment process based on the number of applications received
- This opportunity is currently only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now