Shift Process Engineer
Job no: 968908
Work type: Permanent
Location: WA Regional
Shift Process Engineer
Process Engineering & Process Safety
8:6 FIFO Roster – Ex Perth to Murrin Murrin
Minara Resources is wholly owned by Glencore International and operates the Murrin Murrin Nickel Cobalt mining and refining project in the Goldfields region of Western Australia. Minara employs approximately 1,000 employees and contractors at its Murrin Murrin Operations, making it one of the largest single site employers in Western Australia. As Australia's second largest Nickel producer and one of the top ten in the world, Minara offer a challenging and stimulating work environment backed by sound management practices.
MMO processing plant is grouped into three functional areas (Ore Leach, Refinery and Utilities). Our Process Engineering department provides technical support to all three operating areas; providing our engineers with operating experience across a wide range of unit operations. This role will be focussed on and based in the Refinery, but will also be required to support other plant areas as required. The shift engineer will function in parallel with the Production Shift Supervisor and reports to the refinery Process Engineering Superintendent. This role will be responsible for technical control of the refinery operations and supervision of control room activities. We are seeking an experienced hands-on Process Engineer. Key accountabilities include:
- Provide clear direction to control room operations, ensuring safe and efficient operation
- Provide daily technical support to MMO operations, investigating process deviations and implementing effective corrective actions
- Provide effective offsite escalation on the night shift
- Identify hazards and implement corrective actions
- Investigate process safety incidents
- Prepare technical reports to a high standard
- On the job training of process operators in plant chemistry and process control
- Develop and maintain process engineering standards and safe working procedures
In this role you have the opportunity to impact safety and production outcomes. You will work autonomously, but also be part of a dedicated area team.
To be successful in this role it is essential that you not only have a strong technical background but also a dynamic personality focussed on building good working relationships.
The following qualifications and competencies are essential:
- Tertiary qualifications in Chemical Engineering or equivalent metallurgical degree
- Minimum of 5 years plant experience
- Proficient at preparation of technical reports
- Proficient at problem solving
- Proven track record of building internal relationships
- Previous supervisory will be an advantage
This permanent position is available on an 8:6 roster, FIFO from Perth. Our village is well equipped to keep you entertained - with a gym, tennis courts, basketball courts, cricket nets, swimming pool and tavern. Our competitive salary packages include benefits such as 12.5% Superannuation and a Medical & Site Allowance.
If you are interested in exploring the opportunity, please click the APPLY NOW and follow the prompts. We look forward to hearing from you.
- We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately
- We reserve the right to close this ad at any time during the recruitment process based on the number of applications received
- This opportunity is currently only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now