Job no: 968911
Work type: Permanent
Location: WA Regional
Mining Department – Light Vehicle Workshop
8:6 Roster FIFO ex Perth to Murrin Murrin Operations, WA
Minara Resources Pty Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of Glencore and has grown to become one of the world’s major Nickel and Cobalt producers. Our site, Murrin Murrin (MMO) is a lateritic nickel operation utilising standard open cut mining practices in multiple pit locations to move in excess of 1M BCM per month. All mining activities are conducted in line with our commitment to “safety, Quality and Production”.
We currently have an opportunity for an Automotive Technician to join our Mine Maintenance team on site at MMO. Reporting to Team Lead/Coordinator Mining Maintenance, you will be required to maintain the light vehicle fleet and ancillary equipment to a high standard of maintenance.
Your responsibilities will include:
- To continuously communicate on a daily basis to ensure a thorough understanding of planned and unplanned maintenance priorities and schedule maintenance activities, including major equipment failures, corrective actions, extent and status of repairs to asset owners;
- Communicate to Maintenance Planners and Dept Supervisors site wide of ongoing maintenance requirements for vehicles and ancillary equipment;
- Communicate with suppliers for quotes and material requirements for vehicles and ancillary equipment;
- Source hard to find parts via internet, product information and suppliers.
We are seeking a professional team member with the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Trade Certificate in Automotive Mechanics
- Experience and a good understanding in working on fleet maintenance (Toyota 4WD preferred) and repairs
- Licensed refrigeration mechanic (Automotive)
- Holder of current C - HR Class Driver’s Licence
- Extensive 12/24v electrical experience and system diagnostics
- Hydraulic and pneumatic systems diagnostic experience
- Additional experience on ISUZU trucks, Mitsubishi truck, Franna cranes, De-watering pumps, Gensets (10 to 100 KVA), Lighting towers, Forklifts.
The successful candidate will have the following essential personal attributes and qualities:
- Team member with the ability to work un-supervised for extended periods.
- Good attitude to personal and management safety.
- Good communication skills to facilitate accurate transfer of information.
- An understanding of workplace health, safety and environmental procedures would be an advantage.
- Previous experience on remote sites with shift work would be an advantage.
- Competent on computer applications and systems for reporting, recording, researching, presentations and spreadsheets.
This Permanent position is offered on an 8:6 roster FIFO from Perth. Our site is only a short flight from Perth and our village is well equipped to keep you entertained. We have a fully equipped gym, tennis courts, basketball courts, cricket nets, swimming pool and tavern and all our rooms are en-suited.
Our competitive salary packages include generous annual leave entitlements, medical benefits allowance, site allowance and 12.5% Superannuation.
To attain our future goals we need people who have a passion to excel in a challenging environment and those who are looking to become part of a dedicated team.
If you believe, you meet the listed criteria then Apply Now for consideration!
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now